Friday, September 19, 2008

Obama's Harassment

"I want you to argue with them and get in their face," Obama said in an article from the San Francisco Chronicle online.

Obama is telling his supporters to go out and get in the face of those that support him? Ya, that will help his case.

I was talking with someone about harassment in the workplace. Specifically we were talking about whether or not criticizing someone's political views is considered harassment. I am not saying it is or is not, I am just posing the question. Some might get offended by it, others may see it as constructive. I think it depends on how you approach the argument.

Every day at work I talk politics. Some things I agree with, some I don't. There is a strong Obama supporter here at work. If this guy ever walks in and "gets in my face" about his politics, we will have a very serious problem. I know where he stands, he knows where I stand.

Of course I would never expect this behavior from anyone. I find it very amusing that Obama would ask his supporters to do this. Does he not know those who actually give a damn are already arguing politics across the nation? There is no doubt more people are paying attention to this election than any other.

I can't wait to see the news article that describes the poor Obama supporter who got his ass kicked for getting in someone's face. I am sure anyone who is on the fence does not want to hear either Republicans or Democrats argue with them and get in their face.

No comments: